Wednesday

Leopard Print Boots at Lunch

Walking around during my lunch time today I saw a great pair of boots.

A petite Asian woman was sitting down at a bench having a smoke. She was dressed all in black, with a sweater, skirt, and hose. But her boots stood out. They were an animal print with a light cream colored base with dark spots that were black at their centers.

They were very nice boots to start with. They had spike heels that helped for a nice clear arch and they fit her calves and ankles quite snug.

But the bright animal print pattern, when contrasted with her black outfit, made them stand out like a lightning bolt. The only thing I would have added were matching gloves. That would have been perfection.

The boots were so nice that I even violated my "no gawking" rule and stared at them quite openly. She noticed, of course, but clearly had no use for a tall Anglo staring at her footwear. She glanced up at my face then turned her head to exhale smoke with a slight sneer on her face.

Of course, the sneer just made the whole encounter that much better.

I myself have no use for smoking, but I would put up with some to get close to a pair of boots like that again.

No comments: