Friday

The Danger Of The Fetish In The Office

Having an abiding fetish for women in boots can get me in trouble at the office.

Not in the way you are thinking. No, nobody is ever going to accuse me of sexual harassment. I am never going to be the creepy guy that you wonder about. Nobody is going to HR to discuss me. I am (I hope) smarter than that. I keep things professional.

No the problem is, even though I am professional on the outside, I am still me on the inside.

For example, next week I have a meeting with a project managers from another group along with one of her team leads. The project manager is a very attractive woman who wears nice, black, high heeled boots all winter long, always with skirts so they can be admired. So she has me there. But she is also pretty, sweet, and generally nice to be around. I want to do everything she asks of me to make her happy. I am in danger of over committing myself just to make that happen, even when I keep things professional.

And that is not the real danger. The project manager does not really want anything from me. It is her team lead with whom I need to work.

Ah, the team lead. I wanted to be her slave and boots were not involved.

She is a beautiful woman of Turkish ancestry. Absolutely stunning. Very sophisticated. She has that air about her that successful royalty has around the commoners, you simply know that she is your better and you don't mind. You're just glad she has given you an audience and has treated you with such grace. It makes you feel important just to have been noticed by her.

And her clothes. She dresses to perfection, again like royalty or old money. Never flashy, just sophisticated.

And now it is winter, it is cold out, and she too favors boots. Expensive boots. Boots that would feel like butter were my tongue to be allowed to tarnish their polished sheen.

It is with her I will be dealing with during and after this meeting. If she only knew that just letting me taste that leather would get her all the help she needs from me... but she probably knows that anything like that won't be required. She is just one of those women who gets what they want and does not have to push to get it. People feel honored just to help her.

I will be in a meeting with her for at least one hour next week. I have too keep my focus on the job, but it will be a sore test to my will.

No comments: